Saturday, August 16, 2014

BLYSS BALLS

Since I've been craving sweets pretty badly lately, I figured I would do some BLYSS BALLS. They are just that, BLISS BLYSS.  They are a tiny package of goodness. I think it's fun to adjust the recipes I see of these, being made on Pinterest and other blogs, and add in the flavors I want.  They are perfect for an afternoon pick-me-up or a pre-workout boost. These have plentiful amounts of nutrition smashed into them as well! Healthy fats, iron, protein, good sugars for energy and many other things that your hot bod craves. I love them! Here is the recipe I made today. Feel free to add more sweetener, but I don't do very much because i'm a sugar lover  hater.  I rarely eat processed sugar (and for good reason.) Last night I had a (generous) bowl of SUGARY Fruity Pebbles because they sounded so delicious and due to the fact that I don't have much sugar hardly EVER, I was literally bouncing circles around my mom while she was trying to watch TV, assuredly driving her insane, and I made her go on a walk a few minutes later and I crashed…. hard and felt soooo sick.  I'm not about that. She almost had to drag me by my shirt around the block because I felt like a zombie. That's what I get for being healthy I guess…. haha. *thumbs down*




Don't you love my cute periwinkle nails? I may or may not have used my mom's polish that I got for her….She loves me.

I probably ate more carob chips then I actually put in the recipe.  They are like healthy vegan chocolate, you can't go wrong.





YUM. They are pretty delicious, I must say.


To make these balls of Blyssfulness just add to a food processor

-1 cup+ pitted dates (add until you get that sticky consistency that you need)

-1/2 cup raw almonds

-1/2 cup sunflower seeds (shelled obviously)

-1/3 cup sesame seeds (I used black but you can use whatever kind)

-1/4 cup dried goji berries

-2 Tbls unsweetened dried flaked coconut

-2 Tbls carob powder

-1 1/2 Tbls Carob Chips

-1 1/2 tsp ginger powder

-a pinch of coconut sugar (or any kind of sweetener-trivia, agave, honey, etc.)

-a Tbls or less of water

BLEND BLEND BLEND until you get all of the stuff pulverized. Press into little balls! It may take a while but just smash that stuff together really hard and they'll stick. Stick them in the freezer and eat whenever your little heart desires! 

NUTRITIONAL INFORMATION

Servings 18

1 ball per serving 

Calories 113
Fat (g) 4.4
Saturated 0.8
Sodium (mg) 16.6
Potassium (mg) 132
Carbs (g) 16.3
Fiber (g) 2.2
Sugars (g) 12
Protein (g) 3
Calcium (%) 2.9
Iron (%) 3.5

No comments:

Post a Comment