Tuesday, August 26, 2014

Best Friend Smoothie Bowls

Today I had to say goodbye to one of my very best friends in the whole world.  Jocelyn has always been such a blast to hang out with and we could honestly laugh at each other for days.  I'll miss her very much.  She drove all the way to Utah from California for my farewell and I am so grateful that she did. Love you JO JO. So, before she left I made her and I a delicious smoothie bowl to cry over....I mean eat. If you didn't already know, I LOVE SMOOTHIE BOWLS.  They are so much more fun than normal smoothies because you can put delicious things on top and eat it with a gigantic spoon to shovel that stuff in the pie hole. So delicious and very nutritious. Oh anddddd I had to use some of my gazzillion peaches that my bountiful tree produced this year! Juicy, juicy, juicy and all over the place lol.

This is about 1/3 of them…..yeah. I have plenty to chow down.

I know this isn't the most attractive thing i've made but it was super delicious so I had to share!

This bowl looks small but it's actually really big.  And i ate it all…..the whole dang thing haha.

P.S. I love love adore love puffed kamut. (the puffed rice looking stuff in the middle) It's so light and fluffy but adds a delicious crunch and earthy flavor to everything! Sometimes I just have it by itself topped with frozen blueberries or oranges and agave and almond milk! It tastes like heaven and replaces my sugary cereal when a craving strikes.

Serves Two

BLEND TOGETHA

2 C Spinach

2 Sticks of Celery

3 Baby Carrots

1/2 C Almond Milk

1 C Coconut Water
(I usually put these in the blender and blend at a high speed for about 20 seconds so it's really smooth)

3 Small or 2 Medium/Large Peaches (peeled)

1 1/2 C Mixed Frozen Berries

1 Banana

2 Tsp Coconut Sugar or Agave



Top with COCONUT my favorite thing in the world, puffed kamut, granola, broken up BLYSS balls, or more fruit!
 Devour.

<ENJOY>






No comments:

Post a Comment