Monday, August 18, 2014

Berry-Acai smoothie bowl

I love a giant fruit smoothie every once in a while and nothing beats eating a thick one…...out of a bowl…...with a huge spoon! Its better that way so you can top it with all the crunchy/sweet things you want.  Personally, I love the taste of Acai powder, but not everyone agrees.  You can simply omit the powder if you don't want it, but it makes it so much more nutritious (and the purple smoothie color you get is gorgeous!) It turned my whole mouth purple and I felt like a kid again.







THROWWWW into a blender

-1 frozen banana

-1 tsp Maca powder (optional)

-1 C frozen berries

-1 C coconut water

-1/2 scoop vegan (or non vegan) protein powder

-Vegan greek yogurt ( I used So Delicious Vanilla Coconut greek)

-1 Tbls Acai powder

-1 C spinach or kale 

I always keep a big bag of frozen spinach or kale in my freezer to add to my smoothies.

Blend it up, pour it in a bowl, and add your desired toppings!
I put dried organic coconut flakes, dried mulberries, and a broken up BLYSS BALL from my last post!

ENJOY!!!!



1 comment:

  1. I am wondering if adding spinach as an ingredient in the Acai Berry smoothie may make it bitter. Can I skip adding spinach if I don't like the taste of it? By the way, Alyssa, your recipe is very good and I'm soon going to try it (but without spinach). Keep sharing.

    Best Regards,
    Mantis
    Acai Berry Juice

    ReplyDelete