Wednesday, September 3, 2014

Carob Chip Cookie Dough Protein Bars

My sweet tooth is unreal most days and I usually try to settle it with something vegan and moderately healthy. It doesn't always do the job, but these bars take care of business! I know that it is weird to have chickpeas in something sweet but TRUST ME you can't even taste them at all and they add such a creaminess without using any dairy while adding protein too! These seriously taste like chocolate chip cookie bars. So dang good. I ate two of them already in under 10 minutes, whoops! I regret nothing.




This is the Vegan Protein I use most often! It's really good and adds a yummy flavor.

Carob Chips are SOO yummy.

I just soak these chia seeds in almond milk and it makes a "chia egg"


Before….
AFTER!!!!
Eat up! (they're good for you)


Ingredients

1 C Oats
1 Can Chickpeas ( I used organic)
1 Packet Vegan Protein Powder (vanilla)
6 Pitted Dates
1/4 C All Bran Cereal
1/4 C Coconut Yogurt (Plain or Vanilla)
2 Tsp Coconut Sugar
2 Packets of Truvia
1 Tsp Flaxseed Oil
1 tsp Baking Powder
2 Tbls Vanilla extract
A Few Drops Of Rum Extract
1/4 Tsp Sea Salt
1 C Almond Milk
1 Tbls Chia Seeds
1/4 C Carob Chips (unsweetened)

Preheat the oven to 400 F.

First, mix the chia seeds in the cup of almond milk. Let sit until all other ingredients are in the food processor.

Add everything except the carob chips into food processor and blend.  Pour into an 8x8 greased pan and sprinkle with carob chips.

Bake for 28 minutes! Let cool…..or don't. Eat them. All.

No comments:

Post a Comment